Monday, July 11, 2011
Kem la dua (Pandan ice cream)
In Asian pandan to us, is the like vanilla to the western world. Without contest, it is the most widely used and loved flavouring in desserts. What better way to celebrate this divine ingredient then in an ice cream. This is a quick and easy ice cream recipe that everyone can make at home without an ice cream machine.
3 egg yolks
1/3 cup sugar
1 cup of cream
1 tsp pandan paste
1. Whisk the cream to stiff peak and set aside in fridge until needed.
2. Whisk egg yolks with sugar until pale and forms a ribbon.
3. Fold in the pandan paste with the egg mixture.
4. Followed by folding in the cream, 1/3 at a time.
5. Put in a container and in the freezer overnight.
6. Enjoy with crush roasted peanuts.